Pay Dues Online


Q: What is a “Management Company” what do they do and how do I reach them?

A:  A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity.  The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.  The management company may be reached online or by phone from the numbers listed on our Contact Use page.


Q: What is a homeowner's association?

A: It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly electedBoard of Directors. Its purpose is to maintainall common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R's, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The corporation is financially supportedby all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.


Q: What is the board of directors?
A: The Homeowner's Association is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwisespecified in the Bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents.


Q: What does the board of directors do?
A: The powers and duties of the Board include: set & collect annual dues; to use and expend the dues collected to operate, maintain, repair replace, modify, care for, manage and preserve the common areas; to procure, maintain& pay premiums for insurance; contract for & discharge management of the Association; amend & add to the Rules & Regulations governing the use of the common areas; purchase equipment, etc., etc., etc.


Q: What are Governing Documents?··
A: The declaration, bylaws, operating rules, articles of incorporation or any other documentswhich govern the normal operating procedures of an association.


Q: What are the CC&R'S?

A: The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R'swere recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are includedin the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R's may result in a fine to a homeowner by theAssociation.


Q: What are the Bylaws?

A: The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operationof the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors,the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific itemsthat are necessary to run the Association as a business.


Q: What is the Board ofDirectors?

A: The Homeowner's Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is requiredto oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in theAssociation governing documents.


Q: Are there any other rules?

A: Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&R's and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets and pool use hours, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requeststo make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exteriorcolor changes or extensive interior changes and additions.These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrityof the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, withoutwritten approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee,as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation.


Q: If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?

A: If residentscannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Shouldyou have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Policies and Guidelines, you may complete a Covenant Violationform online. The Violation form may be found within the Management Office page on your community's site. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policiesand Guidelines, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy.Your continued assistance may be required.


Q: Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when arethey held?

A: Yes. Notice of the time and place of any regular board meeting will be posted on property as well as noted in the community newsletter, or accessedonline on the Calendar page.


 Q: What is my assessment?

A: Theassessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expensesof the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. These can be annual, quarterly, or monthly payments.Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for past due assessments as a reminder of the amount due.


Q: How is the amount of my assessment determined?

A: The Department of Real Estate typicallyrequires an initial budget from the developer for each community that a developer proposes to build. This budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities,landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items:lighting, street resurfacing, pool equipment, etc. These amounts are then divided by Theassessment is the periodicamount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area(s)and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month (or quarter, semi-annually or annually as outlined in the governingdocs). Statements are typically sent for assessments as a reminderof the amount due.



A: Owners of properties in our communities have several options for dues/assessments.  Our Community  allows owners to make a one-time payment by echeck or credit card, as well as set up auto draft or recurring monthlyand quarterly payments. If you need to make a quick online payment without  logging into your owner account,please visit Please note that there is a third party surcharge for the credit card payments.

You can also mail your dues payment to:

Your Association Name

cl o CAMS

PO Box 1339

Commerce, GA 30529

Pleasebe sure to include your account number with your mailed payment.


Q: What happens if I don't pay my assessment?
A: The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&R's allows the Association  to  charge  late charges  and  interest and  proceed with a  lien on  your  property, or foreclosure  proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.  Florida statutes also allow for the collection of rent directly from the tenant if the owner is delinquent.    

Frequently Asked Questions - Groups

This site is a service of Burg Management Company, Inc.
Privacy Policy